Now is the time for TBSAA members to submit their name for election as a member of the Executive Council during the four-year term 2017-2021. Members of the Executive Council should:
- Be a member of the TBSAA in good standing
- Be at least 25 years of age.
- Hold a four-year college degree.
- Possess outstanding business ability and be able to represent the TBSAA under all ordinary conditions.
- Be able to serve a four-year term once elected (through National Convention 2021).
Members of the TBSAA Executive Council represent the alumni of the Sorority in all matters and serve as the ‘national council for alumni’. The E.C. meets monthly via conference call, each member chairs TBSAA committee, attends in person meetings twice annually, represents the TBSAA at various district conventions, works with and provide guidance to local alumni associations, and other duties throughout the year. Members of the EC serve without compensation, and are reimbursed for expenses according to the Association budget guidelines. Members intending to run for the Executive Council this year should be available and plan to attend the National Conventions in 2017, 2019, and 2021.
The TBSAA is accepting E.C. nomination packets from alongside the National Council, which is accepting packets from those intending to run/apply for the National Council, Board of Trustees, District Counselor and/or Chapter Visitation Assistants. Nomination packet information is due by MAY 1st, 2017.
Information is submitted online to: http://natcon.kkytbsonline.com/tbsleadership2017/
TBSAA Executive Council packets should include:
– Letter of Intent. Limit: 1 Page
– Résumé/Vita, inclusive of both Sorority and professional experiences. Limit: One 2-Page document or two 1-Page documents that separate the two categories.
– Three letters of recommendation.
– One photograph, suitable for publication.
The EC election will be held in mid-July, ending during the National Convention in Orlando. Questions can be addressed to E.C. Chairperson Justin Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org.